Berkley Design Professional offers professional liability insurance for architects, engineers and other design firms.
Express coverage is available for firms with $2 million or less in revenue.
- Limits of Liability up to $3 million per claim, $3 million aggregate
- 15% rating credit for participation in a Berkley DP risk management education session
- Up to 25% premium credit for utilization of Limitation of Liability clauses in contracts
- Cyber security breach response reimbursement up to $250,000
- Crisis management/public relations event coverage up to $30,000
- Choice of defense counsel with Berkley DP consent
- Coverage for contractually assumed obligation to reimburse cost of defense, after adjudication, using principals of comparative fault
- Contractor’s pollution liability coverage
- Automatic 90-day coverage for newly acquired entities
- Mediation deductible credit up to $15,000
- Risk management deductible credit up to $25,000
- Waiver of subrogation if included in written agreement
- First Claim Deductible Credit:
- 25% up to $40,000 if the first claim is reported more than two years after the knowledge date
- 50% up to $40,000 if the first claim is reported more than three years after the knowledge date
- Several multi-year policy options:
- Two year policy with reinstating limits at the anniversary of the effective date
- Express 24 – A two year policy with aggregate limits for entire policy period
Additional Coverage Options:
- Per Project Primary Limits coverage up to $1 million
- Four deductible options
- Three times aggregate deductible
- Share cost of defense (80/20)
- Split cost of defense (50/50)
- First dollar defense
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
- Engineers including, but not limited to: civil, electrical, structural, mechanical and geotechnical
- Land surveyors
- Landscape architects
- Other licensed design professionals
Products and services are provided by one or more of insurance company subsidiaries of W. R. Berkley Corporation. Not all products and services are available in every jurisdiction, and the precise coverage afforded by any insurer is subject to the actual terms and conditions of the policies as issued.