Peace of Mind
Ultimately, design professionals purchase insurance for risk mitigation and to have a positive experience if a claim does arise. Our exceptional claims handling is just one of the many reasons our policyholders and brokers trust Berkley Design Professional to provide them with superior protection.
Every day our claims professionals put our policyholders and their brokers first. We do so through the exceptional way we handle claims: efficiently with expertise!
For example, our claims team recently sprang into action to help our policyholder in a Western state to:
- Overcome luxury homebuilding issues at an upscale development.
- Negotiate a quick settlement that reduced a large claim to a smaller payout.
- Maintain the insured’s reputation and integrity, while protecting against future action.
And just in the nick of time before the torrential rains began…
- A few days before the severe rain storm would hit, a homeowner contacted our policyholder, a geotechnical firm, with a report of movement in a slope outside of their home.
- We moved quickly, the very evening we were notified, by having our claims manager speak with the broker and insured to resolve the situation.
- Because of our swift response the homeowner received the approval to work with a firm to stabilization the slope prior to the storm, thus avoiding a disastrous situation.
Our comprehensive claims solutions make us far more than just another insurance carrier:
- Our dedicated and experienced in-house claims professionals treat everyone with respect.
- We are partners, we listen, your opinion matters!
- We help to minimize the stress and worry a claim can bring by educating and supporting both the policyholder and broker throughout the claim process.
Here’s what policyholders and brokers are saying about our claims team:
“I’ve worked with a number of other professional liability carriers, but I’ve never had an experience with a company where the chief claims officer was so accessible. What you do at Berkley Design Professional far outshines any of your competition.”
“It is really delightful to know I can contact you and receive a prompt response and not have to wait a week for just a simple ‘got your email’ response.”
at a previous American Institute of Architects Firm of the Year Award recipient
“Thank you for the two excellent seminars you presented last week. Your ability to relate to the client in their terms and share your own industry experiences was invaluable.”
at large Northeastern agency
“Thanks so much for all your help with the Corporate Protection contract issue with my client. I hope the memo brings a favorable conclusion to this discussion and that I will soon have a signed contract. Many thanks for working with me on this matter.”
at a large Southern agency